Thursday, June 18, 2009

Exhausted...

Well, after spending 12 days traveling to Kentucky and camping, fishing, fish fry, a wedding, baseball games, and just plain visiting, and then a trip back to Virginia, I am exhausted. I started doing some laundry yesterday, and we ran to Walmart to get some groceries. But I think I'm gonna veg for a couple of days. I will do my usual showering, cooking, and such, but I think I will wait about major house cleaning for a few days. We need a vacation from vacation. Haha...

We had so much fun, saw as much family as we could. We didn't get to ride horses but once, we stayed so busy, but we managed to find enough time to put Alyssa, our niece, on my baby horse "Burley", he's not but about a year old, and he's kind of puney, we're working on that, but for an unbroke horse, he didn't mind her being up there. She's not the first one on him, but one of the few.

Photobucket

We might make a cowgirl out of her someday, but she's got a long way to go, haha....

Brent went back to work today, he didn't want to, but he did. He called me today and said he was hearing some good news about the detailer job in TN. I am not getting my hopes up, but I am keeping my fingers crossed!!!! Anyways, we're still in waiting, on hearing about that and whether he made Chief or not. We should know both by the end of July.

2 comments:

  1. Oh and don't forget the fencing..thats some hard work right there. It was so great spending time with you. Camping and fishing was so much fun. I hope we can do it again real soon. Maybe next time we'll stay more than one night. Burley is doing good with a saddle and rider at such a young age. He's gonna make one heckofa horse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeh, very true, we did 3 hours of fencing, in the torturing sun. But it helped Donnie out alot, every bit helps.

    I hope Burley is a good horse in the future, it's definitely a long time investment!!!! And yes, we will definitely have to go and get Trent to come too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete